Thursday, June 21, 2012

I'm a blogger homes! Orale

So this is my new blog. Obviously. As I get older, I realize how much the Chicano culture in which I was raised has shaped me with love, laughter, and plenty of frijoles. And although my childhood might be described as dysfunctional, though not by me, I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm proud of my family. I'm proud of our traditions and I'm proud to have grown up in the barrio. It made me who I am and I'm a happy person with a really good life. I still have lots of love, laughs and great Mexican food. With that said, I just wanted to share some stories from my past and present that reflect my culture. If you're a Chicano, they might be funny reminders of your own childhood. If you're not, hopefully it's an entertaining glimpse into another culture. At worst, you'll be able to pick up some awesome Mexican food recipes.

Later Homes
Big Happy

No comments:

Post a Comment